Eyes on Crime
The Josephine County Sheriff’s Office would like to invite you to attend our Eyes on Crime open house events taking place in Murphy, Cave Junction and Merlin on
Saturday, September 24th, 7:00-10:00 p.m.
The goals of this event are to:
- Strengthen communication between law enforcement and community by increasing awareness of available communication tools and outreach programs.
- Increase awareness of, and participation in, local anti-crime efforts like Neighborhood Watch and the Child & Senior ID Program.
- Provide networking opportunities for neighbors and local businesses.
Schedules of the presentations taking place at each location are included below. Between presentations, there will be opportunities for community networking, questions, information tables and refreshments.
Participation is free. No reservations are necessary. You can come for the entire open house, or just for the scheduled programs that most interest you.
Join us for an evening of education, communication and fun, all aimed toward working together to keep our communities, families and neighbors safe.
September 24th, 7:00-10:00 p.m.
Cave Junction Substation
Located on the basement level of the Cave Junction City Hall
222 W. Lister Street
Cave Junction, OR 97523
*This location will have the Child & Senior ID Program available from 7:00-9:30 p.m.
7:00 p.m. Visit from Sheriff Gilbertson
7:15 – 7:30 p.m. Child Passenger Safety & Law by Deputy Geiger
7:30 – 7:45 p.m. Emergency Preparedness with Shari Friebus
8:00 – 8:15 p.m. Crime Prevention & Communication Tools with Shari Friebus
9:15 – 9:30 p.m. K9 Demonstration by Deputy Konieczny and Skip
Murphy (South Substation)
Located near Williams Highway in downtown Murphy
6890 Williams Hwy
Murphy, OR 97533
7:00 – 7:15 p.m. Crime Prevention & Communication Tools with Erin Maue
7:30 – 7:45 p.m. Emergency Preparedness with Tanya Phillips, Public Health
8:00 – 8:15 p.m. K9 Demonstration by Deputy Konieczny and Skip
8:15 – 8:30 p.m. Child Passenger Safety & Law by Deputy Geiger
8:30 p.m. Visit from Sheriff Gilbertson
**Merlin: The location of the Merlin Eyes on Crime Event has moved to Merlin Alternative Center (Merlin School)**
Merlin Alternative Center, gym
345 Merlin Rd.
Merlin, OR 97532
7:00 – 7:15 p.m. K9 Demonstration by Deputy Konieczny and Skip
7:30 – 7:45 p.m. Emergency Preparedness with Bryan Hawkins
8:15 – 8:30 p.m. Crime Prevention & Communication Tools with Erin Maue
9:15 – 9:30 p.m. Child Passenger Safety & Law by Deputy Geiger
9:30 p.m. Visit from Sheriff Gilbertson
Available from 7:00-10:00 p.m. at ALL locations:
- “Don’t Text and Drive” Pledge Program
- Sheriff News & Notifications Sign-Up
- Neighborhood Watch Information
- Children’s Coloring & Safety Table
- Crime Prevention Booklets & Take-Aways
- Emergency Preparedness Information